Thursday, December 22, 2011

At a little bit of HOTAS action to your joystick

If you currently own a capable joystick but just like me wanted a separate hands on throttle unit then as ch products pro throttle usb might be the solution you're looking after. At the end of the day I decided to get this pro throttle to sit me out until I could find a HOTAS controller which
I actually liked. Previously, I have owned the CH product fighter stick that so it was a bit of a no-brainer to add this pro throttle on. Also if you look carefully on the market there are actually no throttle units which you can buy separate from the joystick. It is not about unit, however it is missing some cool features that are lot of other throttle unit is already have on them. Probably the biggest glaring difference, is that this pro throttle is a slider and it is only a single axis. I fly DCS warthog and those planes have dual engines on them so dual throttle lever HOTAS is really required. The second biggest problem with the pro throttle is that it does not have any trim knobs or trim axis on the handle of the throttle itself. Although there is an option to use digital trim some analogue pots would have made this unit perfect. Although there are some third-party mods you can do to add these analogue trim pots on I find it annoying to have to resort to modifying my pro throttle. It looks like on the horizon though, CH product may release a dual lever throttle until that comes out I am going to have to stick it out with the pro throttle. To be honest my only other option is to fight the vitally more expensive Thrustmaster warthog controller. I decided to purchase this pro throttle unit and you can be more about my full ch products pro throttle usb review

Resource Links
The Flyers Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment