Thursday, December 22, 2011

Building my own home cockpit. How do I mount my monitors?

Ever since I got myself some flight controller gear, it's been a constant struggle trying to see how to set up all this gear in a manner that would make flying more enjoyable. I have a computer table at the moment which on their sets three LCD monitors. The setup is in great as one of these monitors is actually touchscreen. What I wanted to do was put the 23 inch touchscreen under my main 27 inch Dell monitor. In programs like DCS warthog I want to push all the flight instruments down on to the touchscreen and reserve the upper main screen as the HUD. The problem comes with the fact that my computer table does not allow me to place my 23 inch monitor under my 27 without investing in some serious LCD mounting brackets. Alternatively I've noticed that Saitek have recently released a whole bunch of flight panels such as the. saitek pro flight switch panel the greatest thing with the flight panels is that it slots on top of other Saitek hardware. The flight panels themselves are not very big so if I went and purchased a flight panel I could just mount it straight on top of my computer desk. However it would be great if I could just find a way of feeding in my touchscreen monitor. That way whether or not I play a civilian or military simulator I always have a touchscreen that can act as an interactive panel. Back to the drawing board, I saw some holes in my desk before ever spending too much money on proper LCD mounts. If by chance you happen to be interested in getting some Saitek flight panels I found a review of one of them here saitek pro flight switch panel review

Resource Links
The Flyers Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment